We’d like to hear from articulate, analytical and tech savvy candidates, with an interest in linguistics and a keen eye for detail. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a fast-paced start-up style culture, working at the cutting edge of AI technology with some of the world’s biggest companies.
Who are we?
EBI is one of the market leaders in the development of advanced AI customer engagement solutions that are revolutionising customer experience and support. Our data engineering team has been building data platforms for more than 20 years and we were one of the first to join the IBM Watson Ecosystem in 2014.
Our advanced conversational AI platform helps businesses provide instant and personalised customer experiences to millions of their customers at any one time. Current clients include some of the UK’s best-known insurance and property management companies, one of Sweden’s biggest supermarket chains, and one of the largest ferry operators in the world.
EBI started in 2001 with a focus on data platforms, big data and advanced analytics. Over the last seven years, our EBI.AI product has been proven and we’re now seeing incredible growth across all sectors, as businesses realise the potential of AI.
We work genuinely hard on company culture to keep the team close-knit now we work remotely, and are fully committed to equality and inclusion, both in our hiring process and in our working environment.
As a Conversation Analyst you will help to design and build the natural language conversations of our assistants. This will include:
- Designing natural conversations with a high level of English language.
- Crafting dialogue flows appropriate to the client’s needs and creative direction.
- Ensuring you understand end user needs.
- Analysing conversations and performance monitoring.
- Implementing data-driven improvements.
- Improving bots in line with our driving concept of “Artificial intelligence, humanised”.
To be successful as a Conversational Analyst you will:
- Know words and love tech, or know tech and love words.
- Have excellent spoken and written English.
- Work with words creatively.
- Have MS Excel skills.
- Enjoy recognising and analysing patterns.
- Be able to work systematically.
- Be willing to learn conversation platform skills.
Experience of writing for and scripting AI assistants would be an advantage, but is not essential. Experience with words in any context would be an advantage (for example; writing articles or manuscripts; writing for games; running social media accounts where words are few and far between; writing copy that reflects brand voice).
Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately, we can only contact successful candidates.