Location: University of Warwick Science Park, Warwick.
We are looking for a bright, articulate and methodical individual, who will bring their engineering and analytical talent to our exciting team. Helping businesses to build data platforms to power applications and machine leaning models that solve their problems.
Analytics and machine learning tools need to be fed with low latency, well governed, stable, secure data. A successful candidate will bring the skills to design and engineer modern cloud based data platforms, including building and maintaining data pipelines using a variety of technologies and programming languages.
EBI are one of the market leaders in the development of advanced AI customer engagement solutions that are revolutionising customer experience and support. Our data engineering team have been building data platforms for over 18 years. We have been developing advanced AI for the past five years and were one of the first to join the IBM Watson Ecosystem at its inception in 2014.
Using AI, we automate, assist and deliver insight into customer engagement for many leading companies across multiple sectors. Current clients include the biggest brewer in the world, the biggest property company in the world, the biggest ferry operator in the world, one of the UK’s biggest insurance companies and the biggest supermarket in Sweden.
EBI started in 2001 with a focus on data platforms, big data and advanced analytics. Our enterprise knowledge and culture together with years of experience integrating business systems, is proving invaluable when building advanced AI solutions.
As a data engineer you will design and build data platforms for EBI’s multinational customers. Working closely with the business users, data scientists and data architects to deliver the perfect solution to their requirements.
- Requirements gathering and use case understanding and analysis.
- Data platform architecture and design.
- Building data ingestion and transformation pipelines using modern cloud based technologies and methods.
- Collaborating with other data engineers and working as a team.
- 3+ years of experience in a data engineer role.
- Expert level SQL skills.
- Experience with a general purpose programming language e.g. Python, R, Node.js, C#.
- Worked with cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS or IBM Cloud.
- Experience working with an ETL tool e.g. Azure Data Factory, Hevo, SSIS, DataStage.
- Experience working with big data/data science tools e.g. Apache Spark, Databricks.
- Understanding of data modelling techniques e.g. Kimball.
- Experience of agile development practices.
- Familiar with data security and governance .
- A passion and aptitude for understanding business problems and finding solutions to them.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Any experience with Adobe Experience Platform would be a bonus.
Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately we can only contact successful candidates.